The Haddad Story
The Haddad family, now in its third generation, has been caring for our customers for over 80 years. In 1932 George A. Haddad opened up a used car lot on East Street in Pittsfield. In 1936 George A. opened a Pontiac Dealership on West Street, where the Crowne Plaza is located today. In 1951 George’s son Louis joined his father. In 1969 George and Louis built and moved the dealership to the present location and in 1970, they purchased the Toyota franchise. In 1981, George L. Haddad joined his father and grandfather after graduating from St. Michael’s College and General Motor’s training school. George L. had spent several months working in every department in the dealership learning how each operates. George L. became the President and General Manager of Haddad Motor Group Inc. George’s sister, Elizabeth Sheehan, joined the company in 1987 as Customer Service Manager. In 1989, Haddad Auto Body was opened off site on East Street in Pittsfield. In 1990, the Dealership was completely rebuilt and modernized and the sales, service, parts and body shop were finally under one roof. In 1995, the Hyundai franchise was acquired. Most recently, Haddad Motor Group added a Subaru franchise when they purchased Pete's Subaru on East Street in Pittsfield.
Haddad Motors did an extensive remodel of the Pete's building - turning it into a stand alone, state of the art, Hyundai Dealership. Haddad Hyundai moved into their new location in December of 2010. Haddad Motors continues to update their franchises with a remodel of their Subaru building, followed by a planned renovation of their Toyota dealership on South Street in Pittsfield.